As an Amazon Affiliate, I earn from qualifying purchases. At Amazon, I enjoy the cheapest prices. If you buy here you are sure of a good price and I earn a small percentage from Amazon. A win/win situation for both of us! This section is devoted to “Best Wireless Fish Finder”. But of course, the other types of Fish Finders are also discussed.
Wireless Fish Finder – The Lowrance Company
It can be safely said that Lowrance was a frontrunner in the manufacture of marine electrical appliances. “The Little Green Box” was their very first creation and was intended for various end-users. Since then, the company has continued to strive for high-quality sonar scanners. This way they can expertly help the fisherman with their catch. The device must convince the fishermen to find the right fishing spots after which they can catch a lot of fish.
In addition to those scanners, they also make products for digital mapping systems. The company employs about 1000 people. The main office is located in Tulsa, Oklahoma, but they also have branches in Mexico, more specifically in Ensenada.
Their “about-page” reads “Leading marine electronics since 1957”. And I think this is rightly said!
The Lowrance website is very beautiful to see and very pleasant to use. It is very extensive and if I had to write everything here, I think I would have a small encyclopedia … Also graphically it is perfect! You can even follow a live webinar and watch recent news and videos. Really not to be sneezed at!
Some details :
- Technical Support: 00 61 2 9936 1000
- Headquarters: Tulsa, Oklahoma, United States
- CEO: Darrell J. Lowrance (1964-)
- Established:1957, Joplin, Missouri, United States
- Parent organizations: Navico, Altor Equity Partners
- Subsidiaries: Sea Electronics, Inc, LEI Extras, Inc, Lowrance Contracts, Inc
More than 60 years ago they invented these fishing techniques and they specialized in various things, such as:
- CHIRP sonar: with this device, the users can generate very nice quality images, both down and to the sides.
- C-MAP charts / GSM: They have an incredible number of multi-district (US) maps built into the sonar. More than 3000 rivers and lakes are on offer. So most likely your fishing spot is included! The sonar is also used in conjunction with the fantastic GPS which is also provided. Data processing is very fast via an operation on a touch screen. High-resolution screens are used (LED); these screens are of course in color and with backlighting.
- NMEA 2000®: The network communication is provided by NMEA 2000® and the connection is via Bluetooth and Wi-Fi. In this way, the user can perform downloads or upgrades.
When in 2008 companies came on the market with the very latest versatile HDS screens (HDS = “High Definition System”), Lowrance was of course not inferior and they also developed a lot of new devices. Among the many new devices and features there were these:
- A high definition Broadband 4G Radar: this allows you to navigate in any weather type
- StructureScan® HD with Sidescan & DownScan Imaging™: generates very beautiful images
- Broadband Sonar, Trackback™: here you can manage your sonar images such as reviewing, etc…
- StructureMap: a very interesting tool to create your own mapping with data. There are even folders for freshwater and saltwater fishing. A facility that many anglers will appreciate and also because it is so easy to use. So you see that Lowrance clearly pampers their customers/fishermen and wants to go very far in new developments. Lowrance has sport fishing at its heart!
Their Products (Wireless Fish Finder)
The ranges in the products they offer are:
- HDS LIVE: screens that are small enough to integrate into a smaller console but are equally usable as a standalone display. The type they propose is the “HDS-7 LIVE with no Transducer”.
- Elite Ti²: this is a magnificent fishfinder/chart plotter that is identical in format and uses to the HDS LIVE (console & standalone). The type that Lowrance proposes here is the “Elite-7 Ti² Active Imaging 3-in-1 with US / Can Nav +”
- HOOK Reveal – NEW: a very nice device where you can see all kinds of things on the screen. This way you can see where the fish are because you actually see them light up on the screen. One can also observe the soil, vegetation, and any obstacles. Nearly 4,000 lakes in the American interior have been mapped and you can even create your own maps. The GPS Plotter can create very detailed maps using Genesis Live. This way you can locate the fish even faster. The trusted “CHIRP Sonar” is used because it offers optimal performance. Lowrance itself says that this device offers twice as many things as the traditional fish finders. With the high resolution “DownScan Imaging”, detailed SplitShot models can also be created. From a boat you can use “TripleShots” to project 3 areas as the word says; namely under the boat and left and right of it. SideScan and DownScan are used for this. You can also divide the screen of the device into several compartments where you can combine the various functions. If that’s not a revelation? The device is available in 5 “, 7”, and 9 “.
- HOOK²: with this device, you can focus more on actual fishing. The settings of the device are very quick and easy to set. And yet it is a wide-angle CHIRP sonar with SideScan and DownScan Imaging™
.”Autotuning sonar technology” is used, which automatically updates when the condition of the water changes. So: fish without worries …
- FishHunter: this gadget is very interesting for those who do not have a boat. With this small fish finder that is about the size of a tennis ball, you can search for fish anywhere … It sends you images through the FishFinder app. This way you can also search places where a boat can hardly reach.
- Ghost Trolling Motor: This boat engine has not stolen its name. It is as quiet as a ghost and yet very powerful. He does not shy away from going through any contaminated water and, so to speak, cuts up anything that would prevent him from continuing. It can be used for a long time and it has cable-free steering. For this Lowrance has used revolutionary propulsion technology. It is only suitable for freshwater fishing and is available with a shaft size of 47 “, 52”, or 60 “
Two of the products you can find here:
Lowrance Elite-7 Ti2 Fishfinder/Chartplotter Combo with Active Imaging 3-in-1 Transom Mount Transducer & US Inland Chart
- 7″ high-resolution Easy-to-use SolarMAX LED touchscreen display. Quick Access Control Bar provides one-touch access to system controls. Enhanced Surface Clarity lets you see more fish targets near the surface. 3000 Waypoints, 100 Routes, 100 Trails with up to 10,000 points per trail
- Preloaded C-MAP US Inland mapping with 1-foot contours on 4,000 lakes, plus a multitude of mapping options, including C-MAP, Navionics, and more. C-MAP Genesis Live. C-MAP Easy Routing, Navionics Autorouting capability.
- Includes Active Imaging 3-in-1 Sonar (CHIRP/Side/Down) Transducer | Active Imaging 2-in-1 Sonar (Side/Down) Ready optional transducer required. FishReveal Smart Target View. Smartphone Notifications. Wireless Networking. Integrated wireless connectivity. SmartSteer control for Xi5 Trolling Motor.
- Built-in CHIRP and Broadband Sounder. WiFI. Integrated Bluetooth. Supports 1 micro SD card up to 32GB. 1x Micro-C NMEA Port. 1 Virtual Ethernet Port. NMEA 2000 engine support. SonicHub2 compatible
- Package Includes – Elite-7 Ti² Fishfinder, Active Imaging 3-in-1 Transducer, Suncover, Quick Release Bracket, Power Cable, 1 Set of 3 x 3-amp Fuses. 1 Year Warranty with Option to Upgrade to Five-Year Warranty Program. IPx6 and IPx7 Certified
YakAttack Fish Finder Mount with Track Mounted LockNLoad Mounting System
- Designed to replace the factory base on Lowrance Hook2 4 and 5
- This mount improves on the original included mount enabling fast and easy one-handed display adjustment
- Includes the LockNLoad Mounting System for maximum versatility and rigidity
- LockNLoad mounting system offers ultra-secure attachment to YakAttack GearTrac, Mighty Mount II, MightyMount XL, and most other factory-installed kayak track systems
- Hardware included; GearTrac and fishfinder not included
The ranges in the type of products are:
- Fishfinders / Chartplotters
- Trolling Motor
- Portable Fish Finders
- Speaker Systems
- VHF and AIS
- Sensors & Networking
Products for the following activities:
- Kayak Fishing
- Lake Fishing
- Saltwater Fishing
- Ice Fishing
Products of the last year:
- HDS Carbon
- Elite Ti
- HDS Gen3